Thursday, February 23, 2006

Gmail

Gmail hasn't been that reliable lately. I've been getting a lot of "Oops! The system was not able to perform that operation" messages. Maybe they're having problems integrating their Calendar program in the background.


Gmail uses AJAX (Asynchonous Javascript and XML). It's a technology that I'm starting to pick up now. So expect to see some new things in the future.


It's Judgement day for RIM tomorrow. As you may recall, I worked for RIM a couple of years ago. I had a great time there and I was strongly considering working there fultime except that it had one fatal flaw. It was in Waterloo. So instead I moved to Seattle. Anyways, I really can't see RIM going down. It's a technology that's tattooed to our thumbs. It would be like Apple suing Windows for all of the things Microsoft stole from MacOS. There would still be a Windows OS the next day...with or without a "workaround". My prediction is that the injuntion will be lifted and NTP will file for an appeal and then a "terrorist" will destroy NTPs records which will ultimately end the dispute (Hopefully my site doesn't get audited from Homeland Security for that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment