Sunday, February 5, 2006

superbowl

It's unfortunate that Seattle lost in the superbowl. They were outplaying the Steelers the entire game, but championships are usually about a few big plays and the Steelers made all of them. Congrats to them.


I went to my friend Paul's housewarming party yesterday. He is one of the first of my friends to throw down the money and buy some property. He said he was inspired from a gospel reading from Church. It was the one about investment. The master gives three servants equal shares of money. Two of them invest and make money while the other one burries the money until the master returns. The master praises the two investors, but rebukes the other. So apparently Paul doesn't like getting rebuked.


So how are my projects going?

OUCH: I've gotten a decent response from schools across Washington. I'm thinking of making it into a larger event. Perhaps I'll bring in a hip hop artist to headline the event. I'm still in the planning stages since my real job has got me using my brain a little bit more lately. I'm still on schedule though.

HOMELESS Foundation: The plans for this might be pushed into the Spring. The reason for this is that I found another mentoring opportunity with the Technology Access Foundation (TAF). As you might recall, I wanted to be a mentor, but the previous opportunity (Community for Youth) didn't sit well with my schedule. This one does and it also deals with my profession. The main difference between TAF and Community for Youth is that TAF's students are exceptional, while Community for Youth's students go to underpriviledged schools. I sorta feel bad not mentoring for the more needy, but I think TAF will provide a good first shot at volunteering and mentoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment