Sunday, March 26, 2006

Why it has been so quiet

I haven't posted much lately. I was starting to rethink the purpose of this site. A lot of the stuff that goes on here can be embarassing. If you google Raymond Mendoza or A9 raymond mendoza, you get this page. Every comment on this page has been indexed by many search engines. Do I want to be known for such nonsense? No. Besides the fact that not many people enter "Raymond Mendoza" as a search query, the fact that if they do, they'll find this still bugs me.

I thought about it for a while. There aren't many places on the net where visitors' comments are placed front and center. I don't want to take that away. Instead, I should try and control the content. How I do that is voodoo to me.


Anyways, today, I visited the student I'm mentoring for the Technology Access Foundation. The visit was actually different because I went to watch him at his basketball tournament. He happens to be filipino and he's in an asian basketball league. It reminded me very much of my fil-act and FNAHC basketball days. He's a great kid. He's intelligent and communicates well. It doesn't seem like he needs much help from me. His parents, whom I met today also, seem to be doing a great job. All I can be is a friend who has a lot of experience making bad decisions with a few good ones sprinkled in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment