Saturday, April 1, 2006

Selling this site

I was contacted by a venture capitalist and he made me an offer to buy this site and its ideas. That was very strange to me because I was just thinking of how crazy and silly this site has become. He likes the idea of visitor-driven sites. He wants to keep the essence of the site, but expand it into a more scalable social network. He wants to add interactive ajax-style chats to each of the posts so you can chat in realtime about any of the posts directly on the page. We were discussing some really cool, but secret ideas. If the deal goes through, perhaps you'll see them on this site soon. He actually said he was disappointed at my update frequency. I did not disagree. He's flying into Seattle today to talk about it. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment