Monday, May 26, 2003

Canadian Idol

I know a few people who would be trying out for Canadian Idol. I know a few of those people could make it to the top 30. I wonder how they are doing.

Mike Bustos is one of my friends from high school who is going for this thing. He sent Lawrence an email about his experience and i decided to put it here. I don't think Lawrence or Mike would mind. Here it is:


Miracle! MIRACLE!! Miracle!!!


Here's how my day went...


This morning I was on the Morning Rush Hour Mix on FLO 93.5 or
something like that... i sang I'll make love to you... on the the FLO
host's cell phone live to air... that waS PRETTY COOL...


The first audition of the day consisted of FIVE-AT-A-TIME audition for
two judges... out of the five, I was chosen to stay... they further
interviewed
me and asked me to sing three other songs of a different genre... i
sang SUGAR PIE HUNNY BUNCH... and HEARTBREAKER BY MARIAH CAREY... they
asked me things about my life... I told them that i wanted to break
the asian
barrier
in the NORTH AMERICAN MUSIC INDUSTRY... they liked that i think...


anyway, the next audition for those who passed the first one of the
day
was
a ONE-ON-ONE audition for one of the Executive Producers... He
interviewed me... i answered pretty much the same questions as those
at the audition before... I sang I'll MAKE LOVE TO YOU... then they
asked me to sing
another
one and i sang STAND BY ME... then HELLO by lionel richie... He tore
me up big time! Like SIMON would have... I DON'T buy it he said... you
aren't convincing me with all your hand motions and facial
expressions... he
wasn't
pleased with the vibrato either...

Pretty much he said i was like
every other filipino or pop singer... too karaoke style! so he asked
me to sing I'll make love to you without vibrato and with my hands at
my sides... I gave it my all... i've never sang with such a heavy
focus on singing my words before... it used to be all about
the
sound and hitting notes and riffing... he really helped me realize
alot! Anyway, He loved it... he said YOU have the look... An amazing
and
powerful
voice and that I should sing like ME and not like everyone else who
will
be
auditioning at the next audition... and then he told me to take NO
prisoners
and that i'd better blow the judges away and break that asian barrier!


I dropped and almost broke down i was so happy... I wanted to cry man
i was
so
happy!


So anyway, on Thursday i'm headed to the Royal York hotel at 8 am to
audition for the CELEBRITY JUDGES which will be filmed for the show...
I
am
blown away that I have made it this far... so many people were cut and
were
crying today! I have Zarlus to thank and the Entertainment 6 pak too!
And most of all God! Thanx for the prayers man! They definitely
helped! If i make this next cut I will be staying at the Royal York
hotel as one of the 100 singers chosen from throughout all of Canada!
Crossing my fingers and PRAYING!!!!!


also a magazine interviewed me... i forgot to ask the guy which
magazine that was... but i have his card... he also makes movies... he
told me to call him... LOL


And yea, i met more chikks again... hto ones too... one looked like
britney
spears and she took my number so i could get together with some rap
group and sing them a hook... like a chorus or something... another
chick was
that
BITCH character on READY OR NOT... i knew who she was when i saw
her... it was such a trip... she didn't make it past the exec judge
though...
neither
did britney... and the other chick was part opf the staff... she said
I
was
her fav... LOL it was such a trip! she said she would vote for me...
LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment