Friday, June 6, 2003

performance yesterday

I had a performance yesterday with the hip hop group. We did a 1 minute dance that we learned in 3 practices. It went pretty well, but we didn't dance to the song I choreographed for, we danced to a Christian song.

Also, Lawrence performed with Joe and Anna in a good singing and piano display for Chinese Christian Fellowship.


It's time for a quote from one of my favourite MCs, J-live in a song called "School's In":

Who's got the nerve ta'/
Write a jam you could swerve ta'/
Over tracks so phat the nickname: big bertha/
It's probably the kid that half the crews never heard a'/
Whose mind travels furtha'/
Than sex, drugs, and murda'/
So when you play role of the "Timeless" inserta'/
I'm sorry if you're 85 and you would have preferred a/
album full of ignorance/
the place is an experience/
before the reasons "Why?"/
For the sake of sounding fly/
but I /
grade your style without the curve/
cuz you don't deserve to/
receive the grade that might let you build up the nerve to/
bite the rhyme that feeds you
I need you to listen/
my words are whet with crystal-clear wisdom so they glisten/
and I fill in the blanks for all the answers that you're missing/
I'm rolling with the mongoose, cuz snakes is steady hissing/
to expose my flaws like salt in sores/
since they cannot be reformed I simply kill 'em by the fours/
so in other words, nah man, skip the explanation/
see that what the rewind's for, so be patient/
cuz this is the direction that my pen should be draggin'
to transform your dollar cabs into bandwagons/

No comments:

Post a Comment