Monday, November 14, 2005

mmm hmm

The Roots were good. They provided the incredible sound and all round performance, but Scratch or Rahzel weren't there. Rahzel hasn't toured with them since 2001 or something, but those guys add a unique dimension to the performance that was obviously lacking.




Today marks the day that Dy and I have been together for 7 years 5 months. They did this study on rabbits to figure out the upper limit on how many items they can distinguish. Apparently, rabbits can see up to 8 things before thinking it's too much to count. Is 7 years, 5 months too much to count? haha ... just joking.

Next week is US Thanksgiving where Dy and I will meet in LA. I'm excited about that!




One of the things that I find interesting is the competition which has been forming between Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo in the digital text(books) market. The next few quarters will be interesting, but I'm glad I'm with Amazon.



Speaking of Amazon, we released a beta version of mechanical turk. My roommate is actually on the Mechanical Turk team. If you're like me and don't know what Mechanical Turk is, here's a picture:





OK...that doesn't help I know. The picture above is a demonstration of Artifical Artifical intelligence. Huh? Well it's a Chess machine that beat some of the best chess players in the world in the 18th century. The trick to this machine, however, is that a little chess champion was hidden in the box.



Amazon has made it's version of this. It's been slashdotter already, so check it out here: http://www.mturk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment