Thursday, June 10, 2004

Things I've been doing

// hobbies

I've been playing ball a lot lately. My conditioning still sucks. Quickness and hops are slowly returning and the skills are coming along. I'm only playing against fellow geeks so it's hard to judge my improvement.

In terms of breaking, I have been practicing on my own for the most part. I think I did one air flare. Well it was the most air i got ever. It probably looked like crap.


// Amazon

Amazon is cool. We have a bunch of platinum records and movies. We have the same plaques and trophies as you see on artists' walls. "For Amazon.com in commemoration of selling 11 million records of "No Strings Attached" by 'Nsync" or blah blah by Hillary Duff.



// Seattle

So what's Seattle like compared to toronto?

  • Downtown feels smaller here and slightly more dangerous.
  • For some reason, there are always people on payphones no matter what time of day. Have I said that before on this site? I dunnno.
  • Rift Raft hang out at bus stops because that's the only place they can hang out and do nothing.
  • Legal age is 21 here so in the clubs, everyone seems old. When my friends and I lined up to go into a hip hop event, I heard someone say, "oh look, the age limit must be 11+"
  • Buses here run routes as opposed to Toronto which run grids for the most part. So figuring out how to get somewhere is non trivial
  • There are tons of filipinos in Seattle. In fact, there are a ton of filipinos across the states. I know this because I call customer service and half the time I hear a familiar FOBBY accent. Most of the filipinos in Seattle are FOBs or at least look like FOBs. So it's different from Toronto in that sense


I think that's a pretty good likst so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment