Sunday, May 15, 2005

better buy

I recently got a part time job at Best Buy. Appropriately, I work in the Geek Squad as a Computer Technician and salesman. With my qualifications and background, why would I work at Best Buy? I get that question asked to me daily. The answer I always give is that I want to try something different, I want to improve my communication skills, and I want non-project based work. I'd also like some spending money for the summer. I haven't really worked yet, I've been through general training and meetings. It's been what I've expected so far. I've learned quite a bit about customer service and some skills I can apply to my own career. It should be interesting.

Spotlight stuff is going OK. I think we're a little behind, but a production isn't a production without lots of pressure? I finally taught that choreography I was supposed to teach weeks ago. My style has kinda been like VYBE's since I've been around them a lot, so I tried to make it a little different. It may not be the tightest stuff I've done, but variety is usually good. I also taught this breaking routine which I think is cute and simple and that you will enjoy. Speaking of which, here are the details of Spotlight.

SPOTlight 2005: Evolution
Date: June 18, 2005
Time: Matinee 2:00pm, Evening 7:00pm

Location: Hart House Theatre (U of T)
Matinee $13/$16; Evening $16/$19 (advance/at door)


Advanced Ticket Locations: BUBBLE TEASE

- Fairview Mall (North York)
- Toronto Eaton Center
- Pacific Mall (Markham, Kennedy/Steeles)
- Square One (Mississauga)


Contact.
www.vybedance.com/spotlight2005

No comments:

Post a Comment