Saturday, January 17, 2004

My sincerest condolences

Rey Cruz died from a stroke earlier today. Tito Rey was one of the parents in our Filipino neighborhood association. He supported and encouraged me a lot since I was 10 years old.

His son, Jon, was one of my best friends when I first moved into the neighborhood I currently live in.

Over time, we drifted apart. I haven't seen them since high school.

Tito Rey was a great person. His birthday was coming up. His daughter is an expectant mother. He was turning 57.

Only a few weeks into the New Year and I already forgot some of my resolutions. We need to realize and acknowledge the blessings God has given us. We need to use whatever He has given us for His will, not ours.

Already I was complaining to myself about little things that weren't going right for me. So easy do I stray.

My sincerest condolences are with his family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Our true life begins at death, but let us not take this one for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment