Monday, August 9, 2004

canadian idol

It's been over a year since the famous filipino from St. Mike's not named Brent jumped onto the scene.

If you haven't figured out who that is, it's Mikey Bustos. Bustos is currently recording in New York. He's on his way.

For the longest time, however, I thought that the first asian/oriental popstar had to be female. Females are just more universally accepted. Black girls, white girls, etc. don't generally like asian dudes, but black guys and white guys like asian girls.

This year's star CanAsian is Elena Juatco.


She goes to Queen's, so maybe she was there at that asian conference/jam 5th element performed and DJ'd at.

I totally forgot about Canadian idol until my parents reminded me about it. Who needs TV when you have bittorrent? I downloaded a few episodes to catch up. Elena sounds and looks good, but she acts like she leads the Mickey Mouse club for adults. You know...the kind of attitude that would be called annoying if she wasn't good looking.

I'm not hating, I think she sounds good, and I'd like to see her win. I just hope her doctor reduces her prescription of speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment