Tuesday, January 11, 2005

old-school

I was organizing my pictures today because I wanted to back them up. I came upon some (relatively) old school pictures. Check them out:


Geoff(Knaked) on the left, me on the right for one of our first auditions.

From left to right: Kuaz, Geoff, BooM, me, Spittz at one of our first auditions.

Perhaps one of the most classic 5th Element pictures in history. This is the garage where we recorded our first mixtape: Kryptonite-tite.

I think this is Dy and I's second summer together. This was at BJ's suprise party downtown and it was a long time ago

From left to right: me, BooM, Glen(!), and Geoff. Yes that's little Glen. I know he'll be suprised by this picture.

This is J-Ro and Dy at Thompson park. Thompson park used to be a major hang out for 5th Element. Lots of good times and memories there. Isn't dy cute in this picture?

None of these people are students anymore, but it's kinda crazy looking back and how old we are all getting.

Anyway, I taught my try-it class the other day. I think it went OK. I lost my voice halfway through and I didn't have water. New dancers always have the same problems: any spins in a dance throw them off completely and they have trouble dancing without counts. Been there done that.



If you are a frequent reader, you'll probably realize that stuff gets stolen from me fairly often. It seems I'm theft prone. Because of that, I have started to take extra precautions...especially here in Waterloo.

On New Year's eve, some thiefs broke into the Waterloo residences and stole from 8 rooms. The residences are on a remote location on campus and there's a slim chance that there would be witnesses at 12AM Jan 1 2005. They did, however, show some mercy. In a girl's room, they left a note that read something like: "You girls are cute, so we won't steal from you". Other girls' rooms were broken into and stuff was stolen. Isn't that adding insult to injury? The burglars might as well have left a note saying: "Sorry your not that cute, but I like your laptop!"

Here's the article: http://imprint.uwaterloo.ca/story.php?f=2&t=6313&i=&v=f&story=6313

These burglars were probably students too. They translated book smarts into crook smarts. Pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment