Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend

On Saturday, I took a dance class called "The Tao of Hip Hop". From the name, I thought it would be a traditional hip hop class, but it turned out to be more of a beginner breaking class. It started to feel like a waste of time, but I started to practice moves the opposite way I'm used to. Also, the teacher told me about the biggest b-boy battle that was happening that night.

Chris, my roommate from last year, Brad, and I decided to go. It was a regional battle. The winners would go to California for the National championships. The battle was at a club called "Showbox", but we almost walked in to a strip club called "Showgirls". The outside looks very similar, but we noticed it before it was too late.

The quality of the battle was very high. Like last year, I thought that the quality of b-boys is higher here than in Toronto. The massive monkeys took the championship. They're like the Bag of Trix of Seattle. They faced L.A Breakers. LA Breakers put up a good fight, but the polish, routines, and quality was too good from Massive Monkeys.


I've been here for a week now and I'm starting to miss everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment