Sunday, April 4, 2004

I'm an undercover bad boy

If you don't know or haven't heard, Mikey Bustos is in New York recording his first album with his record label.

Lawrence put up his first demo song (I think it's a demo). He cowrote the song with Bustos. Lawrence, you bad boy, I didn' know you had it in you: "Love you from on top". tsk tsk....

//-- My thoughts on the song
I'm feeling the beat. It's a fairly fast song with a dirty pop kinda feel. Mikey likes the rapid fire lyrics. It's hard to perform, but perhaps he can pull it off.

I'm not feeling the production. I am not a fan of the dude yelling in the background. I've never been a fan of it. To me, it sounds like they're just trying to fill in space. It's unnecessary. Also, I think they can do more with the chorus and some second voicing during the verse. It sounds pretty raw and it's probably not final production.

I've listened to it a couple times and it's kinda odd at first, but it has that catchy pop hook. If produced properly, it could be a pretty good track to market to Mikey's target demographic.

Here's the link:
http://www.mikeybustos.ca/media.asp

My bottom line on Mikey is that he needs to come out with a dope ballad that showcases his smooth vocals. His producers should recognize his strengths and guide him in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment