Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Google and Yahoo

There's been a lot of news lately about Google and Yahoo and their efforts in digitizing all books. Google has been criticized for copyright infringement. Yahoo is only scanning public domain books.



What's lost in all this is Amazon. For example we have Bill Clinton's book among many thousands more. We've been doing this for years, but we're being taken for granted. We're actually the leader in this field, but we're not in the headlines. Although I'm on the team responsible for this, it doesn't really matter to me. As long as we blaze the trail and maintain leadership, I can live without the press.




I haven't heard any feedback on the store, but I'm moving forward with it anyway. I've started planning with Trinity Graphics. I'll be busy with my move, but I should be able to get some work done.


No comments:

Post a Comment