Tuesday, October 18, 2005

weekend

I had a fairly good weekend. A co-worker of mine held a party at his house. His house is actually kinda cool. It has a real bar on the top floor. It's like a mini-club up there. He also bought an air hockey table just for the party.


The party was filled with a bunch of geeks basically. Nerds from Amazon, Microsoft, and Google had circles of interesting conversations about connection protocols and Canadians...yeah I heard some Canadian jokes, but it's so easy to come back and talk about how Americans like to shoot themselves.


Interestingly enough, there was one circle that actually had a pipe and some narcotic being smoked. Of course I wasn't in that circle. I'm quickly becoming notorious for my no alcohol, no smoking, no coffee policy.


The main reason why my friend was having a party was because his landlord wants to tear down his house to build a condo. I know it sounds weird, "my landlord is tearing down my house, let's party". Actually it makes more sense now that I think of it.




Today, Nintendo came by Amazon to give a demo of their new products and game lineup. They demo'd Mario Kart DS and its wireless capabilities. I'm a huge fan of Mario Kart and it looks great on the DS. They also showed the Gameboy Micro. I originally wanted it, but I have a PSP and I don't want to care about another game system unless I get all the games for free. The last thing they showed was Mario Strikers, the soccer game for GameCube. That game's so dope...I'd consider getting that one.




At work, I feel like a massive code monkey. I'm churning out as much code as my fingers can type. It's busy and I'm starting to have dreams of coding...

No comments:

Post a Comment