Friday, February 13, 2004

back in the day

I remember when I got my first computer. It was a Pentium 75 with 16MB ram running Windows 95. This was in 1995. That's a long time ago.

One of my dad's friends came over. He claimed he was a computer expert. He started to look though my computer, typing all these "fancy" commands. Then he told me, "You know all these .dll files, they are garbage files"

For those of you who know a little about computers, .dll files are totally NOT garbage files.

He said, "You can delete them all". "OK, I'll do it later", the naive 14 year old said. I did not trust him and I didn't delete those files.

Either he really didn't know what he's talking about or he's trying to screw us over. I believe it's the former.

Dumb ass.

Sorry for the story, it just popped in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment