Thursday, July 18, 2002

Good Bye wisdom

2:42 PM
So I just got out of the dentist office. The operation started at 12:30pm.
At 11am, I took anti-swelling pills and Valium. I felt no effects, although
the nurse said I was walking differently and talking so calmly. I had to
disagree. I was more weak in the knees and drowsy, but nothing out of the
ordinary.

I'm not nervous at all. I sit in the chair and the dentist explains the
procedure and risks. I know that do not do this during abortions. Anyways,
my chair reclines and the nitrous oxide is put on. I've had it before and
it really relaxes you, and sends small tingly feelings around your body

I wait about ten minutes to let the gas kick in, and then it begins. This
is was my most anticipated scary part, the needle. It turned out that it
was not bad. Six small short pinches, that didn't affect me very much. Wheew

Wait a few more minutes for the numbing to start and then he begins. I really
don't feel much of anything. He tells me to close my eyes, for good reason,
so I don't see what the heck he's doing. The rebel I am, I squint a little
to check out the scene.

For the most part, however, my eyes are closed, just enjoying the moment
and thinking what I'm gonna put on my site, and what I'm gonna tell my family
and friends about this minor experience. I begin not to care about what's
going on until the last tooth. I feel quite a bit of pressure, but very
beareable. That was really the last move my doctor performed. Forty five
minutes and I'm glad that I was awake during the operation. I suggest any
of you who are getting you wisdom pulled out to stay awake.

I can still feel the anaesthetics. I just took some pain killers. It doesn't
hurt right now, but hopefully the medicine will help. I haven't taken so
much medicine in my life. I usually don't. Not even cold, headache or alergy
medecine. You know as I first put the pill in my mouth and tried to swallow
it with water, I coughed it up and all this blood went on my 5EC shirt.
The second attempt was successful.

Have I lost my wisdom? Not yet anyways, I still know that an eigen vector
is simply a root vector with index 1 and that you can solve differential
equations, and sequences with root vectors. SOAP,XML, JavaScript, .NET,
multithreaded applications. Yup that still makes sense to me. I haven't
tested my b-boy or beatbox skills. I'll wait on that one. Here are some
pictures with gauze in my mouth





9:43 AM
Good morning my few visitors. It's 9:43 am and at 12:15, I will be getting
my wisdom teeth pulled. So far, everyone has been telling me horror stories,
but it doesn't phase me. I might react differently towards the operation.


What's messed up is that I have an audition tomorrow for a talent competition.
I'm pretty sure I can't make. Hopefully, Geoff, Carla, Glen, Kuaz, Spittz
and Dave can hold it down. I still have to talk to them about it. Hopefully
we can get passed this audition so we can tighten up our show and win this
thing.

As promised here is a "BEFORE WEB CAM PIC". I'll take another as soon as
I can after my wisom is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment